How to start killing off email in 5 easy steps
- Stop reading articles that give you tips on how to speed up Outlook. The point is that you want to ditch the bloated beast altogether, not like it for another 10 minutes.
- If you visit a site that asks for your email address to register, don’t bother with it. They’re not exactly current with social networking and will just use Constant Contact or Mail Chimp to spam you.
- If you’re scoping for new enterprise workflow or productivity tools and they rely on email integration for notifications then move on. You’ll only have to replace it in a few years and that doesn’t exactly loosen your reliance on email now does it ?
- Unsubscribe to every email alert you receive from now on. Let’s face it, if you follow the topic on Twitter or by some other real-time feed then there’s little point on receiving it a day later and then getting round to reading it 4 days later after you’ve cleared off the other 56 unreads.
- Stick the Out of Office on and forget about it. They’ll know how to find you if it’s urgent.